Sections are configured first after entering a template.
Remember, to edit a template:
- Select the three-dot icon to the left of the template.
- Select "View/Edit Template".
Sections are abstract and represent the segmentation of work within a Task. If the overall Task is a cleaning, the template could have a section for each room. If the overall Task is to convert a standard garage into a games room, the sections may represent smaller tasks within the overall job. So, a section for the initial teardown, a section for furniture removal, and so on.
To keep things simple, this guide will discuss the sections of a housekeeping/cleaning Task. For a clean, sections will generally be named after specific rooms. That way, the staff member can easily visualize the work that needs to be done on a room-by-room basis within a home.
For instance, a Task Template for a standard 3 bedroom clean may have the following sections:
- Master Bedroom
- Master Bath
- Twin Bedroom
- Queen Bedroom
- Downstairs Bath
- Upstairs Bath
- Dining Room
- Downstairs Living Room
- Upstairs Living Room
- Laundry Room
- Games Room
- Pool Area
The above example is highly granular, with each room having its own section. It’s recommended with Task Manager to be granular whenever possible. That way, staff are held accountable for meeting specific management company expectations.
However, the list of sections could be broader, like the following example:
- Living Areas
The point being, sections can be interpreted uniquely by each management company, whether they prefer to be granular or broad in the requirements.
To add a section to the Task Template:
- Select “+ Add Section”.
- Open the drop-down chooser.
- Select a section name from the drop-down list and skip to step 7. To provide a custom name for section, follow steps 4 6.
- Select “Add New” at the bottom of the drop-down chooser. A pop-up will appear.
- Enter a name for the section.
- Click Add.
- Click Save.
A blank section with the given name now appears within the Task Template. Add additional sections according to the number of rooms or areas to be cleaned within the home. The order the sections appear in this list is the same order they will be presented to the staff member in their app while on-site.
To re-order the sections:
- Identify the section that needs to be moved.
- Press (do not release) the mouse on the up/down arrows icon to the left of the section that needs to be moved.
- Drag the mouse up or down to re-position the section within the list.
- Release the mouse to place the section.
- Repeat for all sections that must be re-ordered.
NOTE: Remember, for the sake of this guide, the prevailing example is of a cleaning Task Template. Sections for a maintenance Task Template may not be rooms, but major steps/processes that contain sub-steps.