Navigate in the left menu to Management Company > Task Manager > Task Templates.
There are four Task Template types:
- Work Order
- Advanced Work Order
Click the button next to the name of each Task Type to view and configure Task Templates that belong in that type. For example, select “Housekeeping” to view the housekeeping-specific task templates in the account.
NOTE: Task Templates must be configured for the type of task on which they will be used. For instance, a housekeeping Task Template cannot be applied to a work order.
When using Task Manager for the first time, there will no templates visible. Either add templates from scratch or import default templates as a starting point. There are different default templates for each Task Template type.
To import default Task Templates:
- Select the Task Template type whose templates should be imported (i.e. select housekeeping, if importing a housekeeping template).
- Click the button “Import Default Templates”. A pop-up will appear with a list of templates.
- Click the Copy icon to the left of the template that will be copied.
- Type a name for the template.
- Click “Copy”.
This has now added a template to the list, with the given name. The contents of the template can now be configured (instructions for configuration in the Configuring Task Templates section).
To add a Task Template from scratch:
- Select the Task Template type for which a template will be added (i.e. select Housekeeping if adding a housekeeping template).
- Click the “+” icon above the table. A pop-up will appear.
- Enter the name of the new template, for example “Standard 6 Bedroom Clean”.
- Confirm the Task Template type (should be the same as the type selected in step 1, but can be changed here).
- Click "Add".
This has now added a template to the list, with the given name. The contents of the template can now be configured (instructions for configuration in the Configuring Task Templates section)
Use the blue-dot menu to start editing, copy, or delete templates.
- Select the blue dots icon to the left of each template to open the quick-menu.
- Select “View/Edit Template” to open the Task Template.
- Select “Copy Template” to create a duplicate of this Task Template. This creates a duplicate of the selected Task Template and adds it to the list with the option to rename it. Copied templates are not linked to each other, so they must be edited independently.
- Select “delete” to remove the selected Task Template from the list.
NOTE: Deleted Task Templates cannot be recovered. If the Task Template being deleted is assigned to a current or future task, it will remain assigned with the original instructions. The management company may select a different Task Template for those, or take no action and allow the deleted Task Template to be used.