Name & Location
In addition to adding or editing the property's location within the Property Assistant, this another screen where this information can be updated. If this information has already been populated within the Property Assistant, it will show here as well, and vice versa. It is very important to make sure the property location is configured correctly as this data is required for the channels such as VRBO and Airbnb. In addition, this information will be used in the system to populate various parts of the website, email templates, and reports.
To edit the property name and location details go to:
- Owners & Homes
- Select Name & Location
- Select the property from the Property Chooser drop-down
Property Name / Community Affiliation
Enter the property's name and enter the Community or Resort relating to the property.
The property name is for internal reference only and is not visible to the guest. This should be a good reference for the Management Company to easily locate the property in the system.
Property Address / Telephone
Enter the property's street address and telephone number.
The accuracy of this information is very important as it will populate certain confirmation emails that are sent to guests and is how the property is found when synced to the channels.
The GPS Coordinates are used to display the property map on the website and channels.
Enter the GPS Coordinates manually if they are known, or after entering the property address, click the Auto button and the system will look up and insert the coordinates automatically using Google Maps.
Property Category Settings
The list of settings are summarized below:
1. Type -- Label the property as a specific type for reference. The option selected here is used on the website and channels to further filter a search.
2. Commercial -- This check box determines whether the property is a registered commercial property
3. Furnished -- The check box indicates that the selected property is fully furnished. This option should be checked for nearly all short term rental properties
4. Long Term? -- Select this option if this property is available for long term bookings (i.e. booked for month long periods), and will affect the online booking and search facilities. If checked, enter a monthly rental rate (see below)
Long Term Property
With the "Long Term" checkbox enabled, a box will appear to enter the monthly rate for this property.
Enabling this check box, hides the property from the standard search page on the website, to prevent a guest from booking online. If requested, a "long-term" search page can be added to the website to show all long-term properties.
Property Location / Search Settings
The options selected here will determine how the property is organized on the websites search facility.
The website may have an option to search by location, state, community, etc. If a potential guest selects "Bella Vida" from the community search facility, then the below property (as well as any other Bella Vida properties) will show in the property search page.
Please note, each field MUST be specified in order for the system to save the location information above. If not, it will revert back to the default settings.
Repeat the above steps for each property. Be sure to click the "Save" button: