Each property in CiiRUS is attached to an owner. This allows the Property Manager to generate and send out monthly owner statements, process payments from the owner, and grant access to the Owner Portal. It is important to make sure that each owner is added into CiiRUS with all of the relevant details such as the owner's contact information, banking information, and permissions for the owner portal. These can be configured within one central place, "Manage Owners."
- The table displays all owners that have been added into the system. See the User ID (for internal reference), the owners first and last name, and the username for the owner to use when logging into the portal.
- The Search field can be used to quickly locate an owner.
View / Update Owner Details
To edit or update the owner details, click on the "three-dot" icon:
- Click on View / Update
- The next screen displays a series of collapsible panels to enter the selected owners contact details, portal settings, ect,.
- In the Contact Details panel add the owners name, mailing address, and contact information. Enter the owners website domain if applicable.
2. Once complete, press Update
Owner Portal Settings
The Owner Portal Settings panel determines the features that the owner has access to when they sign in to the Owner Portal Account. The selectable options are summarized below:
1. Username - It is recommended to use a naming convention such as the owner's First Name and Last Name with no spaces. For example: For the owner "John Lester," enter "JohnLester" as the username. If the username is already being used on the network try adding a number after the name. For example: "JohnLester22."
2. Reset Owner Password - The password can be reset here. Keep in mind, when the password is first created, there are no requirements. When the password is reset, it must meet certain requirements. Click the "i" icon to see the requirements. It's always good practice to keep a copy of the passwords in the "General Notes" panel, below.
3. Lock User - When the Lock User check box is enabled, the selected homeowner cannot access the owner portal, even if the homeowner has the correct username and password. If an owner ever has trouble logging in, first verify that this option is disabled.
4. Property details read-only?- When this check box is enabled the owner cannot make any edits to the property details. It becomes read-only.
5. Allow Add Booking - this will allow the owner to create owner bookings. Once the booking is created, the owner and Property Manager will have full access to the booking.
6. Enable Website & Marketing - When this check box is enabled the owner can create and update a personal website. Please contact the Support Team for more details.
7. Enable Reservations - When this check box is enabled, the owner can view the availability calendar, view management company bookings (restricted data access), and add/edit owner bookings
8. Enable Owners & Homes - When this check box is enabled the owner can add work orders, view and update inventory, view print and export monthly and annual owner statements.
9. Enable Quotes Manager Menu - When this check box is enabled, the owner can create a rate set to use for the personal web site, and can generate quotes from the portal.
Other Portal Settings
In this panel, add or edit the selected owner's tax and accounting settings.
1. Tax Ref / SSN - Enter the owner's tax reference ID or Social Security Number. The reference number entered in this field will be used to populate certain tax and accounting reports.
2. Owner Account Currency - The option selected from this drop down list will determine the currency the owner will see on the owner statement and recalculate the financial figures accordingly.
3. Check payable to - Checks by can cut to send to the owner. Enter the name to appear on the check.
4. Allow owner to see owner amount against bookings? - This setting will determine if the owner will see the amount due to them for any reservations made by the Property Manager in the owner portal. When set to Default, it will use the global setting set in the Software Settings Assistant. When set to Allow the amount will be displayed. When set to Don't Allow the amount will not be displayed.
5. ACH Settings: In order for the system to generate the ACH file to the owner, enter the owner's US Bank Account details. Enter the Name of Bank, Account Number, and Routing Number, then press Save.
The General Notes panel is a great section to enter and save notes about a particular owner.
These notes are for internal reference only; owners will not see the text written in this panel.
This table displays all of the properties that are owned by the selected owner.
The table displays the Owner's User ID, Property Name and the Property's Address, as well as the ablity to create and modify settings for Property Ownership, and send "Power of Attorney" and "Management Contracts."
- Property Ownership: This will display the owner of the property and the percentage that they own. These settings can be modified.
- Power of Attorney: Power of Attorney, is the authority to act for another person in specified or all legal or financial matters.
- Management Contract: Create and edit contracts between the Property Manager and the Owner.
This will display the owner of the property and the percentage that they own. Two or more owners may own a percentage of the property. To add a new owner and assign the percentage:
- Select the Property Ownership icon
- Click on the 'Plus' icon
- Specify the Owner and the Percentage that they own
- Click Save
Keep in mind, this only affects the 1099s and 1042s for the owner. The system will generate a 1099 or 1042 for each owner and divide the rental income based on the percentage that they own. Splitting the ownership, does not affect the monthly owner statements - the system will only generate ONE owner statement per property.
Power of Attorney
A "Power of Attorney" agreement can be created as an eCiiGN Document under "Newsletters & Templates." It can then be sent to the owner by:
- Click the Power of Attorney icon
- Click New
- Specify the template to send to the owner.
- Once the document has been sent, it will store here and show the date that the document was issued, the subject, signers, once it has been signed, and the date that it was signed. Click "View PDF" to see the document.
Send Welcome Email
To send an owner a Welcome Email, first select the owner and then click on the Send Welcome Email button by clicking on the "three-dot" icon.
This will send an email to the selected owner with their username, password, and the link to login to the Owner Portal.
Note: This email is generated from a standardized template that cannot be modified.
An owner can be deleted from the system, by clicking the "Delete" button from the "three-dot" icon.
It is not recommended to completely remove an owner, as financial information is removed from the account.
Keep in mind, an owner CANNOT be deleted if the owner has active properties. The properties must be deleted or transferred to a new owner first.