Software Settings Assistant
The Software Settings Assistant provides a simple way to guide users through configuring system settings. The Assistant takes the complex operation of setting up a system and breaks it into a series of simple steps. At each point in the Assistant, suggestions and helpful tips are provided when hovering over a field.
For advanced setup or configuration, view the videos and tutorials below
To start the Software Settings Assistant, In the left menu, click on
- Account Settings
- User Account
- Software Settings Assistant.
The Software Settings Assistant is comprised of three main steps:
Step One: Company Account Settings
Step Two: Global Default Settings
Step Three: Default Owner Account Settings
Company Account Settings
The Company's name, Website, Company's Primary Email Address, Telephone Number, Logo and Outbound Email will be set from this page.
- Note: The email address entered here will receive all automated emails and notifications sent from CiiRUS to the management company (i.e. booking confirmations, invoices, etc..
- Note: Multiple emails may be entered and separated by a comma, but CiiRUS will only reference the first email entered.
- Create Company Profile: It is important to complete all fields as this information will appear on System Reports that can be sent to external vendors as well as appear on emails sent to owners, guests, and staff members.
- Click Upload Logo to upload a company logo to appear on emails and reports sent to Owners, Guests, and Staff Members. The logo must be at the exact height of 125 pixels. If not, the system will automatically resize the logo.
- The system offers 3 methods of sending emails and notifications from the system: “Use CiiRUS Default”, “Use your own SMTP Server”, and “Use the Mandrill Services” For a detailed description, please click on the following link Outbound Emails
- Telephony Settings: These options are only available to US properties and require the property telephone number to be entered in the exact format 1112223333
- There are 2 options here:
- Require staff to call from Property telephone to update Work Order status? (else can call from any phone)
- Require cleaners to call from Property telephone to update Clean Status? (else can call from any phone)
Card / Bank Account Details
Around the 27th of every month, CiiRUS will process monthly subscription payments plus any auxiliary services.
To pay by credit card:
- Select Credit / Debit Card
- Click on Add New Card to complete all fields
- Click Save
To submit payment via electronic check:
- Select eCheck from US Bank Account
- Click on Add New Account
- Once completed, click Save
Secure Track Users
The Secure Track Module will allow each member of staff to have their own user name and password set by the system administrator. Each user can only access features the administrator has permitted for the selected member of staff. For example: It's quite common to only allow the reservation staff to access the reservation features and accounts department access the accounting functions. This provides greater security as only relevant data is viewed and accessed.
To add individual users:
- Click Create New User >
- In the Add New User screen, enter the First and Last Name > Password which is the users Staff Password, Email Address and Telephone Number
- Checking “Add as Administrator” will allow full access to the entire system.
- Click Add
Non Admin Users
- To add Non Admin Users, do not apply this setting when creating a new Use
When a user is added as a non-admin, Top Menu panels will appear in the main Secure Track Users Panel. To Access this panel,
- Click on the More Options icon
- Select Secure Track Permissions
- Expand each panel to specify permissions the selected user will have access to. For example, Reservations & Quoting, review which features the selected user will have access to.
Report Headers & Footers
Add the text that will appear at the top of various Reports & the bottom of Guest Booking Confirmation.
- (Report Header) - In the box below, enter a Report header. Companies typically enter their name, address, contact email address, telephone number, and website URL
- (Guest Booking Confirmation Footer) - Enter information to appear at the bottom of the Guest Booking Confirmation email templates. This is usually office hours and contact details. This information is not specific to each property, therefore, enter general information.
Add Contacts & Vendors
All business contacts, sub-contractors, vendors, utility companies, booking agents, staff members, etc. should be entered into your system.
Adding a Contact / Vendor
- To add a contact, click Add
- Enter required information, such as, Company Name, Email, Telephone
- Click Add
- After adding, locate the contact and fill in the remaining fields, most importantly, the Category and Sub Category must be specified. If it’s a Vendor or Booking Agent, tick applicable boxes.
Global Default Settings
The Global Default Settings section allows you to set the default settings for the main functions of the system, including, Housekeeping, Maintenance, and Reservation settings. All default settings can be overridden on a per property basis.
The House Keeping settings determine your default house keeper and cleaning rates.
Note: The settings in this tab are default global settings. Default house keeping settings can be overridden on a per property basis House Keeping Schedule
- (Global Default Cleaner) - Specify the Global Default Cleaner in the Housekeeping section. The system will automatically apply the specified cleaner to all properties. However, it can be overridden on a per property, or on a per clean basis.
- (Automatically Add a Clean to a Vacant Property) - Enable this setting to have the system automatically schedule refresher cleans if a property is vacant for the amount days entered into this field. For example, if the most recent clean was completed 28 days ago, the system will automatically schedule a refresher clean. This refresher clean can be removed from Housekeeping schedule.
- (Roll-Over Incomplete Cleans from Prior Day?) - This setting will continuously Roll Over incomplete cleans from prior day to current day until the clean is set to complete.
- (Cleaning Charges) - Enter the default cleaning charges to charge or apply to the owners statements. For example: Charge the owner based of the Number of Bedrooms. Enter the amount of bedrooms and the Housekeeping charge, which Is the amount charged to the owner. The owners housekeeping fees can be overridden on a per owner basis.
Default House Keeping Charges Per Property Size / Clean Type
Enter default charges for house keeping for each property size. These are defined by number of bedrooms. You can override the defaults below for specific properties within the Property Details screen. Enter default charges for house keeping for each property size. These are defined by number of bedrooms. You can override the defaults below for specific properties within the Property Details screen.
Maintenance & Work Order Settings
There are two Maintenance Modules, Basic and Advanced.
Most companies use the Basic Work Order Module which allows staff members to dispatch work orders in real time. The Advanced Work Order Module is designed for resort style properties that will keep stock and organize large maintenance projects
- To display Property Access Codes on Work Orders sent to Maintenance team members, check this box. Property Access Codes are the property address, gate, door, and alarm codes. Essentially, codes to gain access into a property.
- There are two Maintenance Modules, Basic and Advanced. Most companies use the Basic Work Order Module which allows staff members to dispatch work orders in real time. The Advanced Work Order Module is designed for resort style properties that will keep stock and organize large maintenance projects.
To learn more about the Advanced Work Order Module, click on the following link Advanced Work Order Module
Just like the Housekeeping module, the inspection module will can assign an inspection to each reservation that is placed. First, configure the inspection settings to create statuses and types of inspections. Then to set the system to automatically schedule an end of stay inspection based on the departure date, specify the default inspector against each property.
Firstly, configure the inspection settings. To do this, go to Account Settings > Software Settings Assistant and Navigate to the Inspection Settings page
As an example, a unit may require a “Pre-Stay Inspection” or an “End of Stay Inspection”
Before an Inspection can be assigned to a booking, the inspection status and type of inspection need to be added.
- To add a new Status: Click on the “Plus” icon to add a new row and then type for example: “No Issues”
- Click the “Save ”Icon to save
- To add an Inspection Type: for example: A Pre-Stay Inspection, Click on the “Plus” icon to add a new row and type “Pre-Stay Inspection"
- Click the "Save"icon to save.
General Reservation Settings
CiiRUS is a multi-Commission level system. Commissions can be set on a global basis, per property basis, per supplier basis, and on a per reservation basis.
- The global commission percentage is entered here to have the system auto-apply to each reservation. Again, this can be overridden on a per property or booking basis.
- Specify the default check-in and check-out times, this can be overridden on a per reservation basis.
- When owners log into the owner portal account, allow or disallow owner to view net rental revenue. The net is the rental revenue after taxes and commission.
- As the Management Company, enable this setting to receive email notifications when new bookings have been added or modified.
- Email Setting- Enable this setting to have the system email the owner when a new booking is created.
- Update Rates - When this setting is enabled, the system will automatically update the rates of a reservation if either of the following scenarios occur.
A: Add or remove nights from a reservation
B: Move a reservation from Property A To Property B
The reservation rates are based on the rates that are assigned to each property.
What is a Seasonal Commission?
Typically, a Management Company will agree to seasonal commissions with their respective owners. Soley based on reservations, the commission due to the Management Company is based on the season. For example,let's say you have a booking during the summer season, the system will calculate and apply the commission, based on what they have agreed with the owner.
First, we must configure the Seasonal Commission sets and then we can assign each Seasonal Commission set to a property.
How to Configure Seasonal Commissions
To add the commission, create a new commission set. There are 3 types of seasonal commissions
- Fixed Amount
- Fixed Nightly
If you earn a fixed commission amount per season, then you will add a Fixed Amount Commission Set.
- Click on the Plus Button to add a new Row
- Enter the title of the set name, for example "3 Bedroom Fixed Commission"
- Specify 'Fixed Amount' from the type options
- Enter the 'Default Amount', this can be overridden on a per season basis
- Click Save
Creating a New Band
To the right of the Set that you have created, click on the “Edit Bands” icon, to add the seasons and the amounts.
To add a season:
- Click on 'New Band'
- Specify the Arrival Date and Departure Date
- Enter your Fixed Amount for that season
- Click “Add” to save the band
Continue adding the date bands and amounts for each season. If you skip a season or miss any dates, then the system will apply the default amount as your commission.
Follow the same steps as above to enter Fixed Nightly and Percentage commissions
Give your guest a backstage ticket to their vacation with GuestPass.
Connect with your guests in real time using in-app communication tools to engage your guests while saving time and resources. Upsell amenities and concierge services, which can be purchased by guests directly from GuestPass.
Prior to allowing guests to access their guest pass account, House Rules & Local Amenities need to be configured.
Prior to allowing guests to access their guest pass account, House Rules & Local Amenities need to be configured.
First, to add House Rules,
- Click on the House Rules tab
- Select the ‘Plus’ icon to add a new rule
- Enter the title name and the description/details of the rule. For example, “No Smoking Allowed”, “Check-in or Check-Out Procedures”
- Specify if the rule applies to all properties
- If not, click on the House icon and specify the applicable properties from the table
- Click the “Apply to Properties” button
Next, add the Location Amenities for each property.
- Select the Location Amenities tab
- Click on Add
- In the pop-up window, enter the New Location Amenity title, Description of Location Amenity, the coordinate codes for the map location, location image URL and the embedded video link from YouTube if applicable
- Specify if the Local Amenity applies to all properties,
- If not, click on the property Select button and choose the applicable properties from the table
- Then click Apply To Property
Repeat these steps to add all House Rules and Local Amenities
Accepted Card Types
To maintain a centralized platform, the system can process debit, credit and echeck types of transactions.
Check with your account manager for a list of credit card processing companies and gateways that are compatible for your country or region.
CiiRUS has a two-full way integration that connects directly to the remote systems.
Once the system is connected to an integrated Credit Card Processor, enter the type of credit / debit cards you accept for payments submitted by guests and owners.
- Click the "Plus" Icon to add credit card type
- Type in the Card Type
- Use the drop down menu to specify System Type
- Press the Save icon to store your changes
CiiRUS now supports integrating multiple credit card processors to one CiiRUS account. This means that different card types can be charged by a certain merchant processor, according to the user's specification. Click here to view the user guide for the Multi-Merchant tool.
Booking categories can be defined and set for multiple booking types. The system has a number of pre-defined categories available, these cannot be deleted. However you can add more categories and change the behavior of the new categories.
The categories can then be selected and assigned to a reservation directly from the Bookings Manager.
For example you may wish to allocate a category to each of your agents, tour operators and other people or companies that supply reservations or have multiple owner booking categories, some that might be tax exempt.
When a category is set to an owner booking, the owner can view and update financial and duration details from the owner edition. When owner booking is not set, no financial details will be displayed and only the guest name, arrival/departure dates are visible.
The bottom screen determines the default behavior used when a new booking is placed for the main categories.
To enter a new booking category:
- Click on the Plus button
- Enter an abbreviation code and the full name of the booking supplier
- Specify the color of the booking category as each booking category is color-coded.
- If a booking category is exempt from taxes, check the Tax Exempt tickbox
- As mentioned earlier, CiiRUS is a multi-commission level system. To override the default Commission on a per booking category basis, Check the ’Override Default Commission’checkbox
- Enter “Commission Amount” for the selected category.
- Click Save
Next, scroll to the right of the table to apply the Disbursement Rule against each Booking Category.
The system can disburse rental revenue to the owner’s statements based on the rule applied to each booking category. This efficient method provides a more automated solution to owner accounting.
There is no need to individually credit the owners account for each reservation for each property one by one. There are 7 disbursement rule options to choose from:
- Arrival date has passed, regardless of payment amount received
- Departure date has passed, regardless of payment amount received
- Arrival date has passed and payments received >= Booking Total
- Departure date has passed and payments received >= Booking Total
- Pro-rate owner amount based on date period (If full payment received)
- Pro-rate owner amount based on date period, regardless of payment received
Allow up to 50% of rental income to owner prolr to guest arrival, regardless of payment received Allow up to 50% of rental income to owner proir to guest arrival, where payments received >= Booking Total Allow up to 50% of rental income to owner prior to guest arrival, with balance 30 prior to guest arrival, regardless of payment received Allow up to 50% of rental income to owner prior to guest arrival, with balance 30 prior to guest arrival, where payments received >= Total
Auto-Process Balance Due
Lastly, the system can automatically process the remaining balance due on the balance due date if a valid credit card is on file for the guest. This can be enabled/disabled on a per booking category basis.
To enable the system to automatically process the remaining balance:
- Click the checkbox under the ‘Take Balance Payment Automatically’ column for each applicable booking category
2. Then click Save to store the changes
We highly recommend sending a notification of payment reminder to the guest that their upcoming payment will automatically be processed using the card on file
Booking Flags can be assigned to a reservation to indicate it may have a special requirement. For example: You could create a booking flag named ‘VIP Guest’ to indicate that a reservation has a VIP guest coming to stay, or if a guest has requested an early check-in or late check-out. Booking Flags are a good way to deal with upcoming alerts. Reports can also be created for Bookings Flags.
To add a new Flag:
- Click on the ‘Plus’ button
- Enter a Code and a Description
- Click Save
Unlimited numbers of flags can be created. This can be anything from a birthday party, to a returning VIP guest.
Configure Owner Accounting
Enabling the Owner Accounting Module will allow the system to generate monthly owner statements. If Enabled, click “Next" to proceed. If not, the Software Settings Assistant is now complete. Enable the Owner Account if you would like to create and provide monthly owner statements. Disabling this skips the configuration of the owner account settings in the following screens. This does not disable the owner accounting functionality in the software. You can come back to this page at any time to configure.
Owner Account Categories
The Owner Account Category can be used as the general ledger or chart of account. The owner account category is assigned to each transaction to create bookkeeping reports and annual statements. The system has a number of predefined categories available, these cannot be deleted or modified however, new owner account categories can be created.
To create a new Owner Account category,
- Press the Plus button to Add a Row
- Type in the category feild
- Press Save
General Owner Account Settings
1. Minimum Owner Account Balance - The minimum owner account balance is the owner reserve amount. The owner must maintain this amount on a monthly basis. If the owner is below the minimum requirement, the system will require an owner payment that amounts to the minimum requirement. If the owners balance is above the minimum, the system will display an amount due to the owner.
2. Rental Revenue Setting - When disbursing rental income to the owners statement, send the net amount to the owners account. The net amount is the rental income excluding tax. To send the net amount, enable this setting. To send rental income including taxes, disable this setting.
3. Owner Account Monthly Print View - The system provides two options for the owner statement templates.
Option #1: Classic- transactions will appear in chronological order
Option #2: Grouped- transactions are grouped together based on type and category.
4. Show payment link on owner statements? - Applies only when a valid Merchant Account is configured
5. Information Box - In the box below, enter information to appear at the bottom of the owner statement, this is usually payment information and terms. This information is not specific to each property, therefore, enter general information to appear at the bottom of each owner statement. For example, Payment Information and Terms
6. Deduct Owner Charges - from base rental amount when calculating MC commissions as a percentage of base rental?
7. Deduct Discount Extras - from base rental amount when calculating MC commissions as a percentage of base rental?
Each account can have up to three tax rates. The Taxes can have any label attached. For example the UK uses VAT on most purchases whereas Polk County Florida USA has two taxes for vacation rentals, one sales tax and the other Tourist tax. Some locations have three taxes. Ciirus can be configured to adapt to any tax situation and the tax is also auto calculated and distributed.
Enter the label for each tax region
Reservation tax report based on
Management Companies may or may not have to file and remit taxes on behalf of the managed owners. If filing taxes on behalf of managed owners, specify whether the tax reports are based on the Arrival Date or based on the Departure Date.
For example: 7/25/19 to 8/05/19
If the departure date is selected, taxes for this booking will reflect on the August remittance
If the arrival is selected, taxes for this booking will reflect on the July remittance
Adding Tax Labels
To add a Tax Label:
- Press the Plus button
- Enter Location > Sales Tax% > Tourist Tax% > Total Tax
- Press Save