Booking categories can be defined and set for multiple booking types. The system has a number of pre-defined categories available, these cannot be deleted. However you can add more categories and change the behavior of the new categories.
The categories can then be selected and assigned to a reservation directly from the Bookings Manager.
For example you may wish to allocate a category to each of your agents, tour operators and other people or companies that supply reservations or have multiple owner booking categories, some that might be tax exempt.
When a category is set to an owner booking, the owner can view and update financial and duration details from the owner edition. When owner booking is not set, no financial details will be displayed and only the guest name, arrival/departure dates are visible.
The bottom screen determines the default behavior used when a new booking is placed for the main categories.
To access the Bookings Categories page, click:
- Account Settings
- User Account
- Settings Assistant
- Select Booking Categories from the Dropdown menu
Booking Categories Screen
To enter a new booking category:
- Click on the Plus button
- Enter an abbreviation code and the full name of the booking supplier
- Specify the color of the booking category as each booking category is color-coded.
- If a booking category is exempt from taxes, check the Tax Exempt tickbox
- As mentioned earlier, CiiRUS is a multi-commission level system. To override the default Commission on a per booking category basis, Check the ’OverrideDefault Commission’checkbox
- Enter “Commission Amount” for the selected category.
- Click Save
Next, scroll to the right of the table to apply the Disbursement Rule against each Booking Category.
The system can disburse rental revenue to the owner’s statements based on the rule applied to each booking category. This efficient method provides a more automated solution to owner accounting.
There is no need to individually credit the owners account for each reservation for each property one by one. There are 7 disbursement rule options to choose from:
- Arrival date has passed, regardless of payment amount received
- Departure date has passed, regardless of payment amount received
- Arrival date has passed and payments received >= Booking Total
- Departure date has passed and payments received >= Booking Total
- Pro-rate owner amount based on date period (If full payment received)
- Pro-rate owner amount based on date period, regardless of payment received
Allow up to 50% of rental income to owner prolr to guest arrival, regardless of payment received Allow up to 50% of rental income to owner proir to guest arrival, where payments received >= Booking Total Allow up to 50% of rental income to owner prior to guest arrival, with balance 30 prior to guest arrival, regardless of payment received Allow up to 50% of rental income to owner prior to guest arrival, with balance 30 prior to guest arrival, where payments received >= Total
Auto-Process Balance Due
Lastly, the system can automatically process the remaining balance due on the balance due date if a valid credit card is on file for the guest. This can be enabled/disabled on a per booking category basis.
To enable the system to automatically process the remaining balance:
- Click the checkbox under the ‘Take Balance Payment Automatically’ column for each applicable booking category
We highly recommend sending a notification of payment reminder to the guest that their upcoming payment will automatically be processed using the card on file
2. Then click Save to store the changes